Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

June 3, 2013 Splits with Elder Blanco, Major successes

Whats up Fam!!!

    Dang, seems like just yesterday I was here e-mailing and sending you an update on life here in Las Vegas. Things are going really well and we are having a really good time here  in the heat! Yesterday it got up to like 104 where I am at... I am not excited for the heat I can tell you that. But you learn to live with it.

  The other day I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Blanco from Utah and he and his companion are on bikes.   So that gave me the chance to feel the heat in full force.  In all honesty you just kind of get used to it I guess you could say.  Don't get me wrong - it was dang hot, but there wasn't much you could do about it but keep knocking doors and having fun! He is a stud missionary and I was glad that I got to spend the day with him. He has been out about a year as well and is doing a really good job. He is training a missionary from England which is pretty cool to get a little English accent in the zone.

    We are having some MAJOR success with less active work here in the ward. Tiffany, one of my favorite people that we are working with, got called to be in the Activity Day Assistant.  Then Christian, who just got baptized 3 weeks ago got the Aaronic Priesthood!! It was really cool and we are trying to prepare them to get to the temple so that they can do baptisms for the dead.  I really have been realizing a lot these past couple of days. How many people you help come into the fold does not matter. But how much you help them gain their own testimony does.  I worry sometimes that I may have failed a few people at that.  One thing I have learned is that we are all going to make a ton of mistakes.  What we have to realize is that we did the best we could with the knowledge we had at that time.

   Also another testimony meeting experience that was actually really cool was when we were at the Tropical Breeze ward. There are two things that I absolutely love about that ward.  One is how the women dress. If the rest of the world would shop where these women do, we wouldn't have too much of a modesty problem! haha They have these awesome colorful dresses that go down to like their ankles and they are always modest.  It is really cool. And then on Testimony meeting day as soon as they open it to the congregation, everyone goes up!! Yesterday there were 8 people that headed to the stand. We should all be like that trying to boost others up and share our burning testimony of the Savoir. But not just at testimony meeting - all the time in all things and in all places. I am beginning to think the best way to be a missionary is to love the person you are trying to help. I struggle with that sometimes, because I really don't make a connection with some people or honestly some people are just hard to love. But I look back at the Chaing family that I taught in my first area, and the love I felt for them is the love I feel for my family. I just need to try and get that love for the people I am teaching here.

  One good thing about it, God doesn't expect us to be perfect today!!:) Thank Heaven!  All we can do is work as hard as we can to one day become like Him. I love you all so much and I hope that you are doing well! Sounds like you are going to have an adventure fencing this week on the steep hill!! Be careful and have fun with it!  I would actually love to come fence.  Some good, hard manual labor would be awesome!! Missions are just a mental battle.  The Lord is always trying to teach me something. I am usually just kind of slow figuring it out.

  Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys and please let the Simmons family know I am praying for them! Is there anyway I can get a letter to Kaden at the hospital? Tell him I love him! If there is anything I can do for their family, please let me know. I love you and hope that you have a good week enjoying the cooler weather!!

Love,
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment