Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 14, 2013

June 10, 2013 Heat Wave, Mission Leadership Council

Talofa Fam!!!!

   Man, things here are going really well and we are just enjoying us some good old Las Vegas heat!! All I can say is I would give anything for 80 degree weather!! We have been up above 110 everyday since Saturday. I was talking to Elder Peacock the other day and we came to the conclusion that we absolutely love the people here, but I could never stay in this climate. It is so hot and so dry.  I am very grateful that I have my sexy mini van to roll around in.  I want to cry for the Elders on bikes! The poor guys, but the Lord is on our side and many people take us in to give us water so we don't end up like Jay at the hospital!! haha But it has been a pretty eventful week and for me to explain it all is tough, but I will try!!

   We had a Mission Leadership Council where we were able to hear some trainings from our awesome President and Sister Black. It was a really sad day because we knew that it would really be the last meeting for them. At the end, Sister Black and President got up and bore their testimonies and that was a really neat experience. I truly am going to miss them like crazy.  They have made a huge impact on me and how I am going to try and live the rest of my life. They remind me so much of you, Mom and Dad, it is almost scary. President always has a comb in his back pocket and he also always has a handkerchief, just like Dad. And Sister Black takes care of us like she is our Mom.  She is an awesome lady.

   Now as for my talk.... it went alright.  It is tough because I have no one here who will give me any real feedback as to how I really did. So I am going to be sending it home so you guys can let me know. I didn't do quite as well as I would have liked, but I only had 5 minutes and to try and get my point across in that amount of time is kind of tough.  It was really good and the meeting went really well. It was all centered on missionary work, which is awesome!!! I know the church is pushing this as hard as they can.  Now we just have to all "catch the wave!" Things are going crazy and we are really pushing hard to get some work going here. We have picked up a few new investigators which is always fun. This area has been a new challenge for me because it isn't quite as busy as my old area. I talked to Elder Frost the other day and I guess that our old area is blowing up like it was when I left. That is awesome for them! I just wish we could get all of our areas to be like that.

   The other day I also had the opportunity to go to a dinner down south by my very first area.  That was super fun and I loved to be by my old place and see it. A flood of memories came back, which made me really really miss that place. I never thought that I would get attached like I did to that area, but it seriously feels like home whenever I get around it. I am sure with Wes back in New York this last week he probably had a flood of memories like that. But I can really feel myself getting attached to this area as well.  I am really hoping to be here for quite a while.  I really like the people.  They are so welcoming and anyone I bring to church, I am positive that they are going to get awesome fellowship from pretty much everyone. I want to be able to stay longer in all of my areas just because it gives me time to get to know the ward and really get to know the people.  I feel like in my last area I didn't have the time to really get attached. We still have 3 weeks until a transfer and I am pretty sure that I will stay here. Elder Peacock only has 1 and a half transfers left because he is going to be going home early for school. So he thinks he will get transferred and finish his mission there.  But I am not really sure what he will do. Either way it will work out the way that the Lord wants it to!!

    To add to the good news, I found my camera!! We were helping Elder and Sister Sudweeks move into their apartment and we took our van to get a desk from the DI right across the street and when we went to put the desk in I could see the string from my camera case hanging out from the folded down seat!! I was so stoked. So I will try and send you a couple of pics from the last month or so.
  
   But enjoy the 80 degree weather and know I would trade you in a heart beat!! Tell Kaden Simmons I love him and hope that he gets better soon!! Dad, I hope that you get your car for Father's Day.  That would be so awesome!! That will be my present to you;) haha

   Oh, I almost forgot!! While I was speaking on Sunday I sat down and guess who the speaker right after me was... It was Brother May!! The guy who is getting ready to go to Seattle on a mission and he knows you guys. That was pretty cool and we got to talk afterward.  It is crazy how many ties I have been able to make with people who are like, "oh Saint Anthony. I know that place!!" We are a dang small town, but it seems like everyone knows someone from good old Saint A!! Speaking of Saint A.... I am really craving some good Chiz's.  They are still open, right?? And I know you talked about Jay, but how is Duke doing?   Just enjoy the fencing and the riding horses and know that I am missing it!! I love you all so much and hope that you have an awesome week!! I will talk to you soon!!

Love,
Elder Crapo


No comments:

Post a Comment