Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 14, 2013

June 17, 2013 Father's Day, Service Mishap, Baptism

Talofa Fam!!

Dang, it is good to hear from you. I thought a lot about the fam yesterday seeming how it was Father's Day and how proud I am of my Dad. I won't lie, though. I am pretty ticked that I wasn't there to get to see the '57.  That thing looks so sick!! I can't believe Regg got to see it and not me! haha I am glad that ya'll are enduring the heat there because I am making an attempt here. I would give anything for 80s or even 90s! We are in the 100s every day without fail. But welcome to Las Vegas, right?? I am surprised to find out that 100 really isn't too hot to me any more.  It is just when it gets up to like 104 is when I really start to feel it. But things are going good!! We had a pretty good Father's Day, but yesterday our dinner ended up having to cancel on us because they all got the flu!! Total bummer because it was the Bishop of our Samoan Ward.   But no worries!  They went and bought us KFC haha It was so funny!! Only in the Samoan ward right??

As for news on this week, Elder Peacock and I had the opportunity to go and do some service for a former investigator in our ward. This is the same lady that we set up the trampoline for. She wanted us to come by and set up some shelves. Well, Elder Peacock and one of the Assistants had gone by last week to start it and when they went they ended up not being able to finish.  Honestly, kind of messed it up haha. So I went back and we were trying to fix it and get it set up right and we got it all put together standing up and looking nice.  Then the lady was like, "oh the one side looks a little off." Well, I quickly saw what it was and I went to trying to fix it.  I had the thought run through my mind to lay it back down to fix it.  But I was like oh no I'll just fix it standing up... BAD idea!!  About the time I undid one of the last screws it came crashing down!!! It was so bad and none of us really even knew what to say. Let's just say we were quickly invited to go out back, take the trash out and then we left! It was so funny.  I will have to tell you this in detail later on in life, but I am sure that you can imagine my face, her face, and Elder Peacock's face as it crashed down.

We also had one of the best lessons of the week with one our less active members that we are teaching. All I can say is she should be the woman on the Mormon message called courage!! She has been through so much.  If I were even to begin to tell you all of the stuff you would want to cry for her. She has such a testimony that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is very real. Her husband is now out of the picture and she is left here with her parents and three kids who she can't even see every day because of some legal things. So the kids are at her sister's house. It has been so cool to see her come along and use the Atonement to heal the wounds that couldn't other wise be healed. She had nothing left and all she has to lean on is our Savoir. We were able to take her some flowers and a quote from a talk in the last general conference and we are going to see her tonight, so that will have to be continued until next week.

 On other exciting news this week, I got a really funny letter from Kenny D. You should totally call his mom and tell her this story. So I went into the office the other day because we were picking up a bike rack for our sexy van.  Sister McMillian, the lady who works the front desk of our office goes Elder Crapo you have a letter. So of course, I am stoked!  I mean mail time!! And then she says,  "I did notice one special thing about this letter."  I was a little confused.  Then she said,  "It seems to have a prediction as to the next transfers."  Sure enough, this is how it was addressed:
"Future AP"
Elder Braxton Crapo

Only Kenny would put that!! I laughed pretty hard and so did everyone else in the office.  I have to give him props on that one.  It was pretty creative. And thankfully, he is very wrong. haha That won't be me!!

This coming week is going to be a super crazy one!! We have a baptism in our area on Friday and then my son, Elder Frost called me yesterday and I am going to be going back to my old area for the baptism of Chaquita!!! I am so excited!  She is a really awesome lady that we started teaching. Also Max, the kid that we tracted into that ended up getting baptized called Elder Frost and he has decided he wants to go on a mission!! The work here is going forward like crazy!   I love it!  You really don't know or understand the Joy you feel as a missionary until you get here. I am glad that you say I have grown.  That makes me feel like I am really doing something here. I know at times I look around and I am like man, am I really helping anyone??  I know without a doubt that it is changing me, if nothing else.  I have learned a lot! I feel like and I have so so so much left to learn. And no, mom I won't come back thinking that you are all sinners!! Trust me, I am constantly repenting of things I make mistakes in and also of things I fail to do. I look back and think about all of the opportunities to share the gospel and it makes me so sick. I really could have done a lot more good if I would have just applied myself.  But the problem was, I was trying to do it on my own. It makes much more sense now that we can't do anything on our own.  Everything that we have and everything that we will ever get comes from our Loving Heavenly Father.

I was sad to have missed Father's Day with my awesome Dad and we are all dang lucky to have him. I am so grateful that you always set an example that I could follow and have always taught me to work. There was a talk given in General Conference and they talked about a Christ Centered home. I am so grateful that I grew up in a Christ centered home. Mom and Dad, you are awesome!! Dad, Grandpa Happy Fathers Day!!

I am going to get going, but I love you all so much! I hope that Taia makes it home safe and tell her I love her and that I want to hear all about her trip! I am so glad everyone is doing good and let me know if there is anything that I can do for anyone in the fam. Know I am doing good and I am very well taken care of.  We have such great member support here.  It is awesome!! I love you all so much and I will talk to you next week!!

Love,
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment