Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 13, 2013

April 1, 2013 Easter Sunday Excitement

What up fam!!

Well, I hate to ruin your fun, but you guys are still freezing cold... it has been in the upper 70's and low 80's. haha.  I will say I miss the Idaho weather and the people that come with Idaho. But Las Vegas is a good place and I have been so so so blessed with good companions and really, really good wards. Our ward right now is doing really well, other than everyone seemed to go "home" for the Easter holiday! Stinking young married couples!!  Things are really picking up in our area. We just last night got a new investigator and is name is Jamon... YEAH BUDDY:) I love the people!  They are so much nicer and so much more receptive.  There is always a flip side to that.  I have had a few of them really chew my butt. Like last night - we were walking back to our car and Elder Frost saw some guys outside of their garage. They were definitely super drunk but he asked if we should go talk to them. I obviously couldn't tell him no.  So we went by and started to talk to them. They told us that they weren't interested and wanted to know if we were women because if we weren't he didn't want to talk to me. I tried to be cool and just laugh and make a casual conversation but the one dude got super ticked and told us that we needed to leave and get off his property. I was like ok sorry, but as we were leaving they just kept laughing and saying crude stuff. Haha Elder Frost was ticked he wanted to whoop some head! Haha But I figured 3 big dudes against two missionaries..... it was probably best we just left.

Other than those kinds of stories, things are going awesome! Max was baptized Saturday and he is now a new member of the church. Our ward is dominating with the fellowship of him and yesterday they pretty much just took him under their wing.  He even went and had dinner at a members' home last night. He is a really cool dude but SUPER tall!  He is about 6 foot 9 or so.  It was definitely a good thing that i didn't baptize him.  He actually got on his knees to be baptized it was awesome! President also showed up to that baptism, which was cool.  It was really good to see him. The work in our stake is going nuts! We had 5 baptisms just in our stake last weekend.  It was super cool. I attribute that to the hard work the Zone leaders have put in.  They are super good guys. One is from Canada and the other from Texas.  I am really close to the one from Canada.   His name is Elder Werner.   He was my district leader the first transfer I was here, so he and I are pretty familiar with each other.


I must say though, I remember when I was with Elder Cunningham.  He told me that Leadership is loneliness and boy, is that true. I always get the opportunity to be the bad guy and try and help correct people, which in return sometimes ends me up alone.  Luckily I have a super cool companion right now and he is always there for me.   The Zone Leaders are always supportive.   I just have one companionship that doesn't seem to be doing a ton.   That always gets interesting.  It is teaching me a lot and is helping me learn a lot about how our Savior feels about us. He just wants us to do what is right and then we just don't do it! I don't get it, why do we so easily forget?? I am speaking for myself here, by the way. I am working on being the best missionary I can be, though.  Hopefully through more experiences I will be able to learn a little more about how to be a leader and what my role is here as a missionary.

As I said last week, we have transfers next Monday, which could be interesting.  I have no idea what is going to happen to me!   I think I am going to be moving, though and that is an ok thing I guess. I kind of feel like I was supposed to be here to help Elder Frost get to a point where he can take over and run the area.  I think he is definitely there, he is a stud missionary and has changed so much since he got here.  It is awesome! I am definitely hoping we stay together one more transfer.   I think that would be sweet! He and I really like each other and we have enjoyed the time we have together. I have felt like I did when I was with my trainer, just having fun and living the awesome missionary life!!


Yesterday was a super good Easter Sunday.  One of the members in our ward made us a little Easter basket and that was good. Then we came home and worked and had a really good dinner with the Starnes family. They also let us color some eggs with them and do some of the traditions with them that they do as a family.  Then we ended out the night with a lesson, which is where we found that new investigator, Jamon.   Then we met those drunk guys.   So all in all it was a super good Easter Sunday.


I hope you guys are doing well and that you have a super good conference weekend! I am so pumped for it I can't even wait! It seriously is like Super Bowl Sunday to us. I just want to hear what our Prophet says about the day that we are in. I was reading in Helaman chapter 5 this morning and, wow is that a good chapter!  One thing that really stuck out to me was Lehi and Nephi.  It talks about how Helaman named them that so that they would remember their forefathers and try to be like them. It got me thinking about my last name and what that means to me. Like what kind of a name am I giving the Crapo name. My thoughts for some reason were turned to Grandpa Crapo and the man everyone said that he was and just the legacy he left for all of us. Thinking about that made me want so bad to just be a good man. I know the mission is super important and I think the reason is, is because it is teaching me how to be a man like that. It is just cool how your mind is so open to being here and always being engulfed in the Gospel. It is AWESOME!!

Sounds like you guys have a super fun trip planned for the weekend. I am way excited for you guys! Don't have to much fun on those razers! Jump it a couple times for me, dad:)  Just enjoy the life. It is kind of funny how my priorities have changed and how the thought process is changing while I am on my mission.  The longer I am out, the more it seems to change. I wish there was a way for you all to be here and do the same thing I am.  It is so awesome. You basically live in a totally different world where you are always surrounded by the gospel and it is great! I love you all so much and thanks for the Easter package. I did get it:) I hope that everyone had a good weekend and that you enjoy the Conference weekend!! I love you all so much and I will talk to you soon!!

Love,
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment