Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

May 13, 2013 Mother's Day Visit, Elder Crapo's B-day, The Atonement changes lives!

Talofa Fam!!!

     It was good to see everyone and hear everyone's voices! I had a really good time seeing you guys and talking about the mission stories. Brett, I can tell we are going to have some good Ghetto stories to share.  The kids have gotten huge! Foster has definitely changed the most.   You look good, man!! And I am not sure I heard right, but did Mataia go to prom?? Dang, I really feel old! And Kallie Jo, Happy Birthday!! All of the kids really looked a lot more grown up.  It was kind of weird.  I can't even imagine that Peytan and Morgan are going to be going to drivers ed this summer.  That is nuts!

   As for your dream of 20 grandkids, mom. Keep dreamin! Unless Mindy and Brett decide to start pitching in again and throw like 4 more kids into that mix, you have a good ten years till that happens.  The whole Lake Powell idea Brett and Mindy are throwing around, I think would probably be the best thing ever!! (Talk to them for details)  It was so good to see everyone. I am glad that I got to Skype. Oh, and to answer your question, Dad..... I was at my Ward Mission Leader's house.  He is a super cool dude and is actually from India.  He is a cool guy and speaks Hindi.

    As for my b-day, I really don't need much. I feel like you guys have already done way too much for me already. I honestly have the best family ever! I looked out and saw all of you guys together last night and I couldn't hold back the tears. I am a wuss, that is for sure. One thing about it, though the mission definitely tears your heart apart.  I love this place so much and I love you guys so much!  I guess my heart is now in two places! The only suggestions I have though for b-day is maybe a tie or two, gift card, a new wallet would be cool, too (like the one I got dad last year from Vickers. I am sure Dad could find a sweet one for me. I really like the one that I have now, it just has a rip in it)  Honestly, if you don't have time to get it, no worries.  Like I said, you have done so much for me already.  I really don't need more. Just not too much candy. haha I can't ever eat it all and the members give us a ton! Maybe some multi-vitamins would be sweet:) Mandi, stop laughing! I need to stay healthy and not get fat!

   Lastly, I have to tell you a story about some less active members we are teaching.  Last week we went over to their house on Monday night to teach them and we had an AWESOME dinner to start off.  Then we were having our lesson and it went really well.  It came time for the end and someone had to say prayer. Now Brother Hawk has been trying to get the husband to say the prayer ever since we started teaching them about a month ago.  On Monday they asked him if he would do it. Well, he actually said yes!  At first I thought he was joking, because if you knew this guy it wouldn't seem like he would ever give in. But when he bowed his head and said that prayer... I honestly haven't ever felt the Spirit so strong in my whole life!  I get choked up just thinking about it. It was so powerful and so humble coming from him. This is a man who hadn't really ever prayed in his whole life. And if there is a rock bottom, well he and his wife have hit it. They can't see their kids.  They are back with their parents, have been in rehab and now they are really coming around.  It isn't because of a rehab center or some doctor - it is because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is so amazing to get to be here to see these miracles take place.  When he said his prayer and then ended, we all looked up and everyone was just in tears, but his wife was just sobbing. They are just so happy and yet they have nothing. They are awesome people, and they are just like Idaho people. They actually live in Vernal, UT but the Hawk family is from Wyoming so they are my kind of people:)

    I am going to get going.  I am sure that you are sick of hearing from me this week! I will try and slow it down a little;) I love you guys so much and hope that you are doing good.  If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know! I miss you all and love you!  Thanks again for everything you have and continue to do for me! You're awesome!

Malo Le Soifua!!
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment