Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

May 6, 2013 The work is busy! Almost Mother's Day.

Talofa fam!!

   It is good to hear from you guys!  This week has been a pretty crazy week! I can't even believe that it is almost Mother's day! That is going to be so good to hear from you guys that day. Unfortunately, 5:00pm won't work for me.  I have a time set up to go to a member's at 6:30, my time which would be 7:30pm your time.  If it is too late, that is fine. I can just call home too, either way works for me!! Just let me know what you think.

   All is going well here!! We have had a super busy week and we have met with a ton of people. It is so cool to see the work that is going on here, as well as at home. I liked your comment Dad. Yes, I think it is the last push!! We just have to be faithful no matter what and keep being the missionaries that we are right now!! You should see the work here in Vegas!  Our mission has a goal of 113 baptisms this month, which is a really really high goal. It is definitely possible!! Last month we only had like 47 or something like that, so really all we can do now is go up!!

  I am not sure if Sister Black put this up on the mission blog, but we did have our first ever mission leadership council where the sister Exchange leaders were invited to come and talk at zone leader council. That was a really cool experience, but definitely different!! President and the Assistants gave some good trainings on how to correct improper conduct of a missionary and how we can become better leaders.  So I really liked that.

   As for the farm work, I won't lie, I miss that like crazy!! I miss just getting out and doing the dirty work and being in the field. The city life has been a huge change for me, but don't get me wrong I love this place! Tons of good people and I wouldn't ever change where I came on my mission. The experiences I have been having have really changed me so much. I look back and I want to cry. It seems like time has just flown by!! Austin has almost been out a year and Matt and Cole and Kelton.... I am just like what the heck is going on????? We say the work is progressing, but I don't think any of us have any idea where this really is going to go. It seems like the missionaries are really stepping up their game. Just in the Stake that I serve in every ward has a set of missionaries and it seems like every single one is having success. Everyone is teaching and the ward members are fellowshipping. It is going crazy!! Please, please be a help to the missionaries!! We need people to just be friends to those around us. And if they need help for a lesson go with them!! That seems to be one of our biggest struggles is getting members to come to lessons with us.

  I guess a few months ago President Black went to a mission President's Seminar and they were having a question and answer session with all of the mission presidents and Elder Anderson, I believe. But anyway, he said someone asked a question about what all of these missionaries are going to do.  How are they going to keep them all busy?  Is there anyway that we can lower our compliment number?? And I guess Elder Anderson just said, "President that isn't even a valid concern.  Tell your Elders to get creative and go to work!" Talk about BOLD!!  I honestly believe that to be true. I know without a doubt that the Lord is preparing people to be taught! I can promise you that because I am out here living it every single day.  I know people are being prepared to receive the gospel. Just keep praying and be faithful and the Lord will take care of the rest. He is going to give us the work to do, even if it means we have to tract all the doors in our areas. I know in my last two areas I probably knocked almost every door in the area and Elder Frost found 4 new people last week. Goes to show we can't tract out an area.

     I live in a 4 man apartment with other missionaries and they ate with a family, the Mays?? They claimed they knew our family? Any idea who they are? I guess they are getting ready to go on a mission, but they used to live in Saint Anthony. They want me to go and meet them. Oh, and I did have a question....how is Duke my good old cow dog? Is he still alive??  I am doing good and I love you guys!! I hope that you have an awesome week and tell everyone I love them!! I can't wait to hear from you on Sunday.  It is going to be awesome!!  I am going to get going, but I will talk to you Sunday.  Just write me a letter and let me know if 3:30 your time or 7:30 your time would be better or if I should try and work something else out! I love you guys!!

Malo Le Soifua!!
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment