Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

April 22, 2013 Baptisms, New Bishop, Learning from Elder Dawanna Hammond

Talofa Fam!!!

    Well, things here in good old Sin City are going really well! Sounds like you guys staying super busy and before you know it, you will be in the tractor working the ground again!! That is awesome! I sure do miss the good old John Deeres!!

   Where to begin with this week!! It has been crazy! Holy Cow, I guess to kind of answer a few of the questions that you had about the Samoan Ward. I do cover the whole West Side of the Valley and then there is a set of East missionaries that cover the East half of the valley. So we never go out of the mission to teach people-  just for church and for Ward Correlation on Tuesdays and then for sick parties that the ward throws, like every other week:) haha  As for my Samoan- it is a struggle to really try and learn.  We are super busy.  Our zone has 6 baptisms coming up this weekend and we are really trying to get the work going here in the zone.

  As for Burk's friend..... I did meet him.  He is the high councilor over missionary work here in our stake.   So I actually meet with him quite often. In fact, I am having breakfast with him on Saturday.  He is a super good guy.  As for the story he wants to tell, I am not totally sure what he is talking about there. He is a good guy and his name is Brother Hendrickson. We are keeping really busy and taking on the responsibilities to meet with the Stake President was a new adventure for me. I really liked it, though.  Our Stake President is a Stud! He has a son on a mission and he said, "My only goal is to keep you boys busy so hopefully the people where my son is will keep him busy." He has some really great ideas about missionary work and really wants to get it going. I see so much potential here and I want to just take off running. But as for right now, I think the Lord is teaching me how to follow and how to be patient, which I will be honest, is a good thing for me to learn.

   We had exchanges with the Assistants this week, and man, was that a good experience. Elder Dawanna Hammond is from Ghana, West Africa.  He taught me some really important things that I didn't even realize I was lacking in my missionary work. I have been praying for a long time trying to figure out what I am here at this point to learn.  I think the Lord is teaching me how to love people even when I really don't feel like it. I need to see everyone through His eyes and understand that even if I don't like them, it isn't a fault of theirs- it is a fault of mine. Because His love is PERFECT for everyone.  Elder Dwanna Hammond just shows his love in such a way that when you meet him there is absolutely no doubt that he really truly does care for you. So I am working on that.  Hopefully when I come home I will be a more cheerful person!!:) Mom, you would probably thank Father in Heaven for that forever!;) No more grouchy son!! So I am really working on that this next couple of weeks.

  Now for the awesome experiences we have had this week! haha  And boy, do I have several.  Dad, I hope you don't cry laughing because some of this is pretty good and I didn't think I would ever see anything like it.

   So yesterday at church was our Ward Conference.  High stress for the Bishop.  Really big day.   The whole Stake Presidency is there and to add to all of that, we got a new Bishop.   So you can imagine the stress of the new Bishop.  And then to add to that we are in the middle of Sacrament and this homeless guy walks in DRUNK out of his mind and just starts mumbling the F word and all sorts of profanities. Well, you can see the Bishopric and the Stake President conversing and then right after the Sacrament like 8 guys got up and kicked him out.  He was Super ticked and was yelling stuff.  It was pretty dang crazy!!  It was a little scary for a second, though because the Stake President looked at us a couple times and I thought he was going to ask Elder Peacock and I to go and sit by him... but it all ended well and our Bishop won;t ever forget his first Sunday as Bishop!! Just like when the power went out on Dad's first Sunday as the Bishop.

   All in all, I am living the dream and loving life:) I really do enjoy the time I am spending here.  It does get tough for some reason at times, which makes no sense because it shouldn't be.  But Satan doesn't just go away now that you are on a mission.  It is good and I am learning a ton. I think about what my life could have been and it scares me more than anything! Thank Heaven I am out here doing what the Lord wants me to be doing! Tell everyone I said hi and I hope that you're all doing good. It is so good to get to hear from you, and yes, talking in a few months will be a good break.  Hopefully the Skype will work good right from the start this time! Is everyone going to be able to make it?? I will try and get a member set up so I can give you all a time a week or two in advance.  As for this week, I am going to head out.  Keep up the good work there at home and enjoy the weather even though it is crazy! Just think you could be here where it is beginning to touch the 90's!!!!! I am preparing for the HEAT! I love you all so much and can't wait to hear from you!! Thanks for all the packages and the letters!  They really mean A LOT!! You are awesome!! Keep the Faith and Ill talk to you soon.

Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment