Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

May 20, 2013 Last letter from 19 year old Elder Crapo. Happy Birthday! Baptisms, Sick Day

Talofa fam!!!

    Well, mom you are so right!  My hours as a teenager are few in number now!! I was laying in bed last night and I looked up and I was like, "what the heck is going on????? Feels like just yesterday I was the one graduating or waiting to finally get out of school so I could go to work and cut some hay." I won't lie, Dad..... cutting hay wasn't the funnest.  But like I have said before, I do miss the farm work. It is so ingrained in me, I can't get it out of me and I love that!  I think it drives Elder Peacock nuts because we are definitely opposites.  He is always dropping names of actors and actresses and I am like, who the heck is that?? Haha But none the less, we are doing well and getting along pretty good. It is our transfers this week and Elder Peacock and I will be together one more transfer.  Sadly, this will be President Black's last transfer.  It is pretty crazy to think that he is going to be going home!! There are several missionaries going home this transfer, which will be really weird because several of them I have come to know really well.

   This past week was a pretty dang good week, though.  We had a pretty eventful weekend!  We had 3 baptisms,  which is the most I have ever seen on my mission in a weekend!!  That was a really neat experience. We had one in the Samoan Ward and then 2 in the Goldcrest Ward. This is a super good area and is definitely keeping us busy!! The Samoan Baptism was all in Samoan, so we didn't understand too much.  But the spirit was very, very strong. It was super interesting because when we got to the chapel to get everything ready we opened the building and we were supposed to be meeting a lady there at 3 so that she could practice her musical number and so that we could fill the font. But one thing we have learned about Samoans is that they take Mormon Standard time to a new level! They are always at least 30 minutes late to everything!  We got things started just a few minutes late and we were able to have a few of the "small' refreshments before we left. I say "small" because they had a full on meal.   But when Sister Fui came in, she said that it was nothing too big - just a light refreshment.  It was hilarious.

  Then we had to go straight back to our English ward so that we could help Brother Thaker, our ward mission leader finish preparing the baptismal font and everything for the other baptism we had. That was also very good.  It all went smoothly.  I will have to send you some pics of everything that happened.

  I do have some sad news though... Elder Peacock and I are losing our van... But then there is good news! It is so that we can get a newer one that is blue instead of white!  haha  With all the new missionaries, we are getting a few more cars and more and more changes are happening.  It is crazy.

   Our zone is going to be getting 4 new missionaries today, so we are super excited to see all of the new young blood come into the zone and give us all a new jump in our step!! Also I forgot to tell you, but Bishop Stephens before I came out told me to look for his cousin or nephew.  His name is Elder Walker and he is actually in my zone! He is going to be training tonight and is doing really well! Tell Bishop I said hi as well!

   So as for my fun story for today.  I guess you could say that the most eventful thing that happened to me all week was on Thursday afternoon.  We got a call from the Assistants asking if they could take our van so that they could haul a bunch of missionaries who are going home on their departing temple trip. This meant that we would be getting the assistants pickup for the day!! I was super stoked! I mean, of course, we would drive the truck!  That is right up my alley!! Well, we went to bed that night.  When I got up on Friday we went to the gym and when I went to get on the treadmill I was not feeling so hot. So Elder Peacock and I went  back up to the apartment.  I was really feeling sick at that point. So I laid down during studies and I couldn't decide if  I was just thinking I was sick or what.  I didn't want to fall asleep, as you know....because I have made it ten months without naps! I cant do it today!!  Well, I think the Lord wanted to humble me a little because a few minutes later I got really sick.  I was throwing up the rest of the day. Yes, I crashed out for quite a while.  Luckily I was able to sleep it off and Saturday I felt much better and I was able to go to the baptisms.  The saddest part of the whole thing was that the pickup sat in our parking lot all DAY:( haha But there was an upside. It made me lose like 6 pounds! Obviously almost all water weight, but I was super happy about that!!

    Now as for everyone finishing school, I feel like I am getting old! All of these guys that I have known since I have been on my mission are getting ready to go home and all of the kids are getting into high school!  People I knew are graduating. I am so surprised at how fast time really does go!! I feel like I just got to Vegas and yet I really have been here for a little while! And to think that Mataia is going to be a Senior and Peytan a Sophomore!!!!!!!!! What the heck is happening?? You will have to send me a bunch of pics so that I can keep up with everyone because I probably won't recognize the kids by the time I see ya'll again! But it is exciting and I am so glad that everyone is doing good! That is the most important part. I hope that everyone has a good week and let me know if there is anything I can do for you! I love you all and hope to talk to you soon!!

Love
Elder Crapo


P.S.  How do you all feel?  You just got the last letter ever from 19 year old Elder Crapo:) hahahaha Just had to throw that out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment