Total Pageviews

Monday, April 15, 2013

March 25, 2013

What up fam!!!

Well, this week is going pretty good.  Elder Frost and I are just continuing to work hard and enjoying the time that we have together as companions. And yep, Dad we will be having transfers here pretty soon, which has been kind of interesting for me this time. Our zone leaders set up a meeting where me and the other district leader got to go and talk about each and everyone in our districts.   We got tell them where we think they should go in the mission. It was tough for me because I really didn't want to say some of the things that I ended up having to say.   In the end, the Lord knows where we all need to go. Elder Frost is doing awesome and is a stud missionary so I don't have much doubt that he will be training next transfer... I could be wrong, but I think he is ready, which means I have a chance I will be leaving.   That isn't for a few more weeks.  If I had the choice, I think I would stay.  At the same time, I kind of like moving around to see what else is out there in this good old city. But no worries about that for now.  I still have a few weeks left and Elder Frost and I have some really high hopes for that.

I guess that you heard all about the baptism that we had Saturday.  It was awesome! Her name is Jennie.  It looks like Sister Stone sent it to you.  I guess that the lady we baptized- her sister in law is Lawrence Stone's in laws. So that was pretty sweet to have some connection there. I was able to confirm her and then Paul, Jennie's Brother in law baptized her.  It was great!! It was really unexpected but we have been having some really hard struggles with that family and at one point we just completely dropped them! But they just seemed to pop back up! It was really fun and very, very stressful.  I am really glad that we got to have at least one baptism where it was Elder Frost and I there.

We also have another baptism this weekend coming up and I am so PUMPED for this one.  The kid's name is Max.  He is 20 years old and just moved here from good old Idaho!! Yeah buddy!! And the coolest part of it all we tracted into him to find him! It has been a really cool experience and he has made some really good friends here in the ward. I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing me to be a part of that it has been a huge testimony builder for me.



Sounds like Judd is doing awesome! That is so good to hear and that trial and the way our family has faced it has been used a couple times in teaching situations.  So Judd is also doing missionary work! I hope and pray for him everyday and I know if we will all continue to keep him in our prayers he will be able to make it through. We just have to be faithful. This week I have been reading a lot about faith and why we need it because I have been preparing a district meeting.  It is through faith we can accomplish anything.  If we just trust in the Lord, He will always come through for us.

Let Kaden know I am thinking of him and I hope that he is doing ok.  If there is anything that I can do for him, please let me know.   Tell him to write me. I really would like to hear from him and see how he has been. I wrote him a while back, but I am sure that he got busy and forgot.  Make sure that he has my address and I will write him.

As for everything else, things are going really well.  The time seems to be flying by and I can't believe that it is almost April! We will have transfers not next week, but the next.   To think that I have been with Elder Frost for 10 weeks already is nuts! This past week we have come in every night just completely drained and wake up every morning feeling like we have been hit with a truck.  But the work must go on!! I have a quote written in each of my planners.   In this planner I wrote a quote that Sister Ann Dibb said.  She said "We must do the Work". I wasn't really sure why that stuck out to me and now I kind of understand.  This transfer has been a transfer full of work! I just hope that when I leave here that the area is better than when I found it.

If I had any advice for all of the people in our stake that are just headed out on missions I would say two things first: Talking to everyone  +  Obedience =HAPPINESS
  
And second is whenever things start to look like they are really hard and nothing is going on in the area, pray hard and go to work.  I have a quote in my scripture that says, "Pray as if everything depended on the Lord and then work as if everything depended on you." No matter what if you will just go to work you can do it.  Even if you aren't a good teacher or a good missionary skill wise, work can make up for it.  If you're willing to work then the Lord has something He can work with and He can make you the missionary He needs you to be.  He can mold you into the teacher He needs you to be.

Lastly,  just prepare.  Go in there being humble and teachable and don't think that because a missionary has been out longer than you that they are a better missionary. We are all trying to learn the same thing.  None of us really know what we are doing.   The Lord is guiding us. I guess this is where I am so thankful for my family and the way I was brought up.  Thank you all so much!

I was reading through a letter the other day that Dad wrote me a few years ago when I was about to graduate seminary.  In the letter he said something to the affect of "if you will develop a good work ethic it can carry you throughout your life."   I have seen in other missionaries and myself how when we are working hard, it can carry us. Now I am definitely not perfect at all of this, but this is just one thing that has really been sticking out the past couple of weeks.   We just have to work through everything! Just keep on keeping on:)

I love you guys so much!  Keep on keepin' on and being the awesome family you are! I am so glad that I was raised in such a good place and a place where the people helped mold me into the boy I am today and hopefully someday the man the Lord wants me to be!  I still have a little ways before I reach that:) I will always be a kid! I will  send you a pic of my kiddish ways.  Last week we had a kickball game for the zone and I thought that it would be a good idea to slide into second base with shorts on... Well, my leg has been hurting all week, but it's all good!!  And yes, I was safe:) I know mom, proud moment right??

I am going to get going.  Thank you for all the support and everything you do for me. I love you guys so much!! Have a good Easter Weekend and whenever things get tough, do as President Eyring does and REMEBER HIM!! I love my Savior and know that He lives and love us all. If we will turn to Him,  He will carry those burdens of pain.

Love,
Elder Crapo




No comments:

Post a Comment