Total Pageviews

Monday, April 8, 2013

March 4, 2013

Dear fam.....

I really need a new beginning to my emails.  This one is getting old. haha. Sounds like we are having quite an eventful week in Idaho.  That is not good and makes me super nervous.  I hope that Judd is ok and that he can pull through. I will definitely keep him in my prayers and if there is anything I can do let me know. I know I am not much help from here and there isn't a ton that I really can do.  But I want to help all I can.  Keep me posted on how he is doing and let Uncle George, Aunt Linda, and Susan know that I am thinking of them.

Mom, I am with you. I can't even believe that it is seriously MARCH! The time is flying by and things are going really well.  I will say this whole mission thing is sweet! We have been listening to a talk that my trainer, Elder Cunningham- I mean Brother Cunningham left me.  This thing has really shed new light on my missionary work. I am going to try and make some copies and send it home to you guys.  It is so good.  You have to listen to it! Kinda funny how talks become more like the Super Bowl when you are on your mission.

I am really beginning to love my new ward.  It is kind of funny how there is an adjustment period in each ward, but I think we are finally all hitting the ground together instead of running at different RPMs. Only one problem - my ward mission leader kind of didn't do so hot of a job with passing the dinner calender around so I am going to be eating a lot of PB&J this week!! Oh yay, right?? haha I am definitely learning to live cheap, which is good:)

This week we had some pretty cool stuff happen.  One day we were out working, by working I mean tracting. And we came across this kid who had just moved here last week and had been attending church with some of his friends where he moved from.  And guess where he is from?... Pocatello!! Idaho is EVERYWHERE over here.  I can find a connection with pretty much anyone.  It is kind of weird. But it is really quite fun.  We have a lesson with that guy tomorrow night and we are pretty stoked about that. Then just 15 minutes later we were getting out of the car and this girl walked by. She was talking on the phone to someone and she was talking about trying to find the right church.... Well, lets talk!!  So I yelled at her, even though she was on the phone.  Kinda awkward - I know, but it was important. She came back and turns out she is a preacher's daughter.  We tried to get her info so we could go talk to her, but she didn't think that was too good of an idea... But she took the Book of Mormon and when we passed her she was reading from it!! So that was exciting.  Then like 10 minutes after that we had a guy ask us if we had a Book of Mormon he could study while we were street contacting!! Something about Elder Frost - this kid is a stud!  I love him!  We are definitely having fun!

Then last week, as I think I told you, was transfers.  Kind of a sad day for me, because Elder Lopez, one of my good mission friends went home:( He really wanted to stay.  He was such a stud and he worked dang hard right to the bitter end! They said at his departing testimony that we give before we leave the mission that he just broke down into tears and had a hard time getting it all out.  It is really cool to see the love that everyone develops as we work here. I know I can see how it is really changing me and making me love it.  This place is awesome!  Especially because it was 70 degrees yesterday:) (Just thought I would throw that in there. haha)

Oh and I am going to be needing some new shoe insoles before long.  These ones are pretty dang shot.  Any ideas?? I am hoping to make these shoes last all two years but I am not totally sure if they are going to make it. haha They are pretty hashed right now.  I have worn them everyday, which probably isn't too good for shoes either.

Alright, I have to end with a funny story for you.  Now this is a true story, but no names will be given to protect the innocent. (except for Elder Frost) So yesterday was a tie trade in the Elders Quorum. We saw that our ward mission leader had some pretty dang ugly, but sweet ties.  So we had our ward mission meeting and he told Elder Frost that he could look through his ties and have one. Well, he just brought the whole drawer down and the first thing he picked up was what elder Frost thought was a bow tie..... HAHAHAHA  Yeah, it was pretty awesome. Super, super funny!  It was all I could do not to just bust up laughing.  I think we laughed for like an hour after we left his house.  The worst part was, then we had to go back to dinner at his house an hour later... AWKWARD!

I hope that everyone is doing good.   I miss you all a ton! I love you guys and hope that you have a good week. I am doing well and I will do all I can to keep up the good work. Oh, and one last thing before I go - Our new address is:
7545 Oso Blanca Apt# 1081
Las Vegas, NV 89149

Let me know if there is anything I can do for anyone! And I will keep Judd in my prayers.  Thanks for all you have done for me and the continued support that I get.  It means a ton and really helps me out.

Love,
Elder Crapo


No comments:

Post a Comment