Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2013

February 26, 2013


What up fam!!!

Things here are going really well and I am still alive! No worries about the whole shooting thing. I always feel safe and as for Coy and Emilee driving by my apartment - go for it! haha Because I am getting moved again... But it is all good because I am still with my comp, Elder Frost and we are still covering my area.  Things are going pretty solid. I saw the new mission president thing for our mission, but I really don't know who he is.  You'll have to look.  He is from Orem, I think.  He looks like he is pretty dang cool! I am about sick of moving, though. It will all be good. I just know that when I come home I want to live in the same house forever!! Keep dreaming, right??  We are having some really good success and we are going to have a baptism here within the next couple weeks.  His name is Jordan and he is 12 years old. He is really solid. Kinda has a tough home life, but his mom is a member and we are having a ton of fun with him.

Being district leader has been very stressful this past week, I scheduled 2 exchanges this past week and I went with the other senor companians in their area and got to work with them. One's name is Elder Bruce.  He is super cool and is also from Mesa, Arizona.  Then there's Elder Paz and he is straight from Mexico City, Mexico. So he has a really sweet accent. The apartments that we moved into are pretty nice and they are cool, but the only downfall is that our gym doesn't open until 7.  So I am just going to have to pick up running again and run in the mornings which is going to stink! I really like running with lifting in between but I guess the Lord thinks that running will be good for me haha. Our apartments have like 4 other companianships in them, which is going to be awesome!! I am really close with a couple of them and our district is staying pretty much the same other than just a few of the missionaries that are going to be added to the district - which means more exchanges.  The new elder that is coming in and training is super awesome and a ton of people thought that he was going to be AP, so he can train me to be a better district leader! I have felt at times that I am not quite where I need to be, so having someone with a little more experience will help. Now as for my new address I am not sure what it is right now becuse it is in my other planner.  Just send everything to the mission office it will just come a day later, but it won't be a big deal. Then next week I will get you my actual address. If you ever question the adress to give to like friends or anything like that just always give them the 4455 Allen lane becasue I have a feeling that my address will be changing in about 6 weeks again - but who knows?

That is so awesome that they are creating more missions in Idaho! That means that you are really going to have to start doing a lot of missoinary work. Pray about people we know that we can help.  The Lord is hastening His work for a reason.  He wants all of His children to hear the gospel! I am so greatful that I have this wonderful oppurtunity to be here and to serve around these people. I am really learning a lot. I do have some days that are rough, but thats what the mission is all about!! Just keep living the dream and working hard.  I am sad that President Black is going to be leaving in July. It is super crazy how fast that is coming- only 3 more transfers!!!  I look at the time and I really can't even believe that I have been here as long as I have and met all of these awesome people. 

I have met so many people with connections here in the last week, it is nuts! It seems like everyone around here knows someone in the Rexburg area.  It is really funny!  We just seem to be all over Las Vegas!!! It really is fun to be able to talk to people and be like, heck yeah- I know them!! We met this girl the other night that knew Riley and Bryson and all of those guys I met at college.  It was really cool- kinda weird, but cool. As for everone coming to Vegas- it is crazy everyone who writes me is like yeah, we are coming down to Vegas this weeekend or next week. What the heck??? No one came here before my mission and now this is all anyone does is come to Vegas! It is because it is a super sweet city. I just laugh. We are so close, yet so far away. But resist- haha please. I don't want to be seeing my family stalking my apartments.  That would be weird. If anything, go and see my old area. Go over to Bass Pro Shops. See that legit store and then go and hit up In and Out Burger and then go drive through Southern Highlands. Then you can feel like you have been close enough to me and if you see any of the missionaries in there you can tell them hi - just not me haha.

Today is going to be kind of a weird day for me. We are going to transfers because we are getting a different car and changing apartments which is going to be really cool. One of the missionaries, Elder Lopez, the one that I got really really close to, is going to be going home!! It is a bitter sweet moment -but he was a stud missionary! He taught me a ton and really showed me some things that made me want to be a better missionary. Also a ton of the guys that I came out with from the MTC are training. It is going to be so cool to see them again. When I see them it is like seeing family that you haven't seen in a while. It is super fun. They are all such cool guys and I really respect them. I am hoping that before too long I will get to serve around some of them.

We are teaching a family from Iraq and a Family from Iran. It is pretty cool.  They speak English and they are actually some of the nicest people here in the area. It is super cool. We got them a book of Mormon in Aribic and it is SUPER CRAZY! It's really cool to see. I hope that everyone at home is doing well and just because I am curious - when do I get a super cool THE ZONE shirt?? Just throwing that out there, haha but no worries I will patiently be awaiting it:)  Coy, congrats on being old. Let's take a moment here to reflect... So around 20ish years ago Coy was writing a letter home and probably just finding out that he was soon going to be having the BEST little brother in the world.  What a super lucky guy, right?? hahah I just wanted to show that Coy is getting a little older;) Just kidding, bro. You know I love you and I hope you got your super awesome birthday post card:) I hope that the snow is awesome and that you can ride the crap out of it.  Things here are still looking pretty brown. I love you guys so much and can't wait to hear from you. Hope that your having a good week and I will talk to you next week!! If there is anything I can do for you guys let me know!

Love,
Elder Crapo


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment