Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 28, 2013

2/18/13

Hey Fam!!

    How the heck is everyone? Man, it seems like the weeks and days and everything are just flying by! One of my best friends here in the mission, Elder Lopez, from Utah goes home on Monday.  I am going to miss that guy!  He was my companion those 4 days when I was bouncing around.   So I lived with my zone leaders in their home with the Rosequist family-  the farmers from Sandy Valley. I don't know if I ever told you guys that.   Sorry.  I am just super busy and it's hard to remember what exactly happens all the time.  None the less, we are chugging along here and working as hard as we can!

     I like my new zone.  They are all really good dudes and one of my zone leaders is Elder Werner - who was my district leader my first transfer in the field. He is a stud and it is dang fun to get to work with him again!  Then there is his grandson, Elder Stewart (which means it is Elder Werners trainee's trainee) if that makes sense in mission genealogy :) Ask Regg- he will know what I mean!  Elder Stewart seems to follow me around I have served almost 6 months in the same district as him.  He is a cool kid from Seattle, Washington. As for Elder Frost, my comp, he is a total STUD! I love him so much!  We are becoming really close, the Lord definatly has blessed me with good companions and I am positive Elder Frost and I will chill when this is all said and done.  He is a really good guy who likes Chevy and rides dirt bikes.  What else do we need to be friends???

    As for the work right now, things are going well.  I am not totally sure why, but last week was kind of a tough one for me.  Not sure what was going on, but Satan was working me over. But just like Joseph Smith said, we experience the most adversity when we are going about the most good!! Yeah, its tough, but life is tough, right??

     We have had some pretty dang good experiences, though!  We were coming home the other day from district meeting and all seemed to be going well.  When we were walking toward our apartment there were these two drunk dudes sitting on the bench next to our building and they were looking at us all funny.  I was like what the heck is going on?  What's up? And then I looked away and then I had to do like a double take. The dude was just peeing right there in the middle of the apartment complex like it was no big deal!! Haha It was so funny.  Me and Elder Frost just busted up laughing!! It was awesome! I figured I had to share that one with you - at least to give you a little laugh:)

   We are having a hard time getting people to be serious about the work that we are doing.  I just want to go and shake people and just be like, "why don't you understand?? I have the gift of ETERNAL LIFE and you don't want to listen to me??" haha I think that's why I had a rough couple days. I was just annoyed that people just don't understand what we do.   I also have to realize we can't infringe on their agency as much as I would like to...

    There is so much work going on, though.  We are really trying to push forward the way that the Lord would have us do it. I figured it up today and our zone needs 8 baptisms a month in order to reach the mission goal of 864 baptisms this year for our mission.  I think this is definitely possible. Tell all the young men who are getting ready to go on their missions to be prepared to work.  The Lord is changing His pace and it is awesome to be a part of it! I know that what we are doing is the MOST important thing we can do in our entire lives. I can't begin to imagine where I would be without the experiences I am having here. We as a mission have been focusing on the Preach My Gospel section about recognizing the Spirit.  To be able to help train in that is a huge honor to me that I really probably don't deserve.  If ye have desires to serve God, you are called to the work.  He will qualify those He calls and I have seen him work miracles here in Las Vegas. We have gone out and worked with people. In fact, there was just a baptism in my old area last week that we found! Her name was Courtney she was so awesome!  They invited me to go, but there was just too much going on.  So I didn't even ask.  Hopefully, I can be forgiven. haha I am going to write her a letter and let her know I am stoked for her!

    Now, Jerry that sneaky dude! haha I am sure President wouldn't have allowed a visit, but it was super good to see him and to talk to him. I now owe him money for all that he brought us.  He is such a stud! It was good to see a familiar face and get to kinda show him where we live and what's been going on and how the work is going. It sounded like he is doing good and that his son, Will is going to be going on his mission to England? That's pretty cool, almost as crazy as LV but hey what do you do??;) haha

     How is the missionary work at home? Do we have any people getting baptized? Anyone I know? Also, Dad you would know, but there is some lady from Saint Anthony who is working at the Employment Center here in my mission? Any ideas who that is? Sister Black pulled me aside and told me that and I was like dang that's pretty sweet. I wonder who that is?

    Also do you or George know a guy with the last name Talbot?? I think he was a salesman for Nonpereil at one time. His son or grandson or nephew or something, Russ Talbot, is the first counselor in my ward that we are serving in.

     Oh, and the biggest news of the week!!! We met Wheels!!  The guy in the wheelchair off of Nitro Circus!!  He is in the singles ward the meets at our building!! So we are trying to set up a lunch with him and see if we can set up a lesson with Travis Pastrana... haha We really are going to see if Wheels will let us take him out to lunch.  Elder Frost and I were so Pumped!! We couldn't believe that he was Mormon. And tell Regg that If I go to lunch with him I am going to have him look up Regg's back flip on Facebook- so make sure that baby is on there and ready so that Wheels can hook you up! haha

    Things are going well and I really appreciated the packages that everyone sent me.  They were awesome!! Mom, by the way, we wear the aprons everyday!  I love them so much!  They remind me of Dad a ton.  I remember those shirts very well. You guys are going to make me fat.  So hopefully you will still love me when I am 300 pounds:)  We run and lift weights every morning at 6 am because I do not want to be a fatso when I come home.  It will probably still happen, but I am going to try and prolong the process. So Jeff, if you have any sick cross fit work outs - you should let me know.  I need something to really work us hard. We are running a mile and then lifting and then running a mile home which is a pretty good work out - at least for me because I am on the mission diet! We have actually been trying to eat good and only take in like 2500 calories a day... I know that is still a ton, but for us it isn't much.  We have been walking all over the place this week!!

     I love you all so much and thank you for all of the support.  You are awesome! I know, I say it every week, but I have the best family ever!  Thank you so much, really!  And tell Jerry Higham he is awesome and I really appreciate all that he did to take time out of his vacation to come and see me.  It really meant a lot and made me feel good. But no- that doesn't mean that everyone can start doing that now haha.

    I just want all the nieces and nephews to know that I miss and love them all!  I hope that they are doing good and preparing hard for when they can come out here and do the same thing I am. I know that our Heavenly Father wants you all to come out and serve.  I know that it is because of the family that I have that I am here.  I am so blessed and am so grateful for all that He has given me. I know that through this gospel, we can return to live with Him again forever.  We can all be together and have more Joy than we ever imagined. I know that God lives.  I know He is aware of each and every single one of us. He hears and answers prayers and watches out for us all. I know that it is because of the Atonement of our Savoir Jesus Christ that we even have a chance to return to live with our Father in Heaven. I am so glad I am able to serve him everyday.  I know without a doubt that this is God's work.  And I hope that you all can get something from the experiences He is allowing me to have so that I can grow. I love you so much and will talk to you next week!!  Until then- enjoy the cold:) I'll be here in my shorts playing football today!! hahaha

Love,
Elder Crapo



No comments:

Post a Comment