Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 9, 2012

MTC letter July 30, 2012

Dear Family,

How the heck is everyone?! Things in the good old MTC are awesome I have been enjoying the spirit that is here and really learning a lot. I feel really bad that I haven't been able to mail you a ton, but I am striving to be exactly obedient.  That means I can only snail mail and email on mondays:( But know that I really appreciate everything that you send me.  It makes my week go so much better. As for Weston selling my bike- I really want to come home and kiss you right now! hahah I know that it is a blessing from the Lord. As for the families- I am trying to write one a week. I wrote the Rodericks last week, but was not able to send it until today because once again, I felt as though I had to be exactly obedient.  I feel that the Lord has blessed me for that.  So two of you will be getting letters from me this week!!! Well. i guess I better tell you the secret because i want to include you with all that is happening here... I got made District Leader, which is going great!!! I enjoy the position. It just means lots of meetings during the week and on Sunday.  I am grateful for the oppurtunity to grow.  We got our travel plans this week!  We leave the airport at 8:35am on Monday of next week.  So Mom and Dad and whoever wants to hear from me can expect a phone call. But remember I have to make sure my district all gets to call.  So if I must, I might miss that.  Some of the elders definately need the phone call worse than me.  President Larkin told me not to worry about that, that i would be able to call for sure. So sometime between like 6 and 830am I should be calling on Monday for roughly 10 or 15 minutes. Well, about my week.... I guess I better be honest and talk about my struggles.  See my struggles are a little different than I thought that they would.  My biggest struggle for the week was Jealousy. I have another district that is in our zone who speaks Cantonese. Weston and Coy i Envy the crap out of you!!! haha I have been hearing them pray and seeing them and I want to learn a language so BAD. So today I was able to go to the temple and I wanted an answer why cant I speak a language. Well, boy was humility embarrasing for me. I went through the whole session with that question, and as I sat down in the celestial room I had an overwhelming feeling of guilt hit me. I am going to Las Vegas for a reason. I am really not sure, but I know that I had the strongest feeling that there is a reason.  There is someone in Las Vegas who speaks English that needs Elder Crapo to come and talk to them. So i am learning that sometimes it does not matter what I want.  It is all about what the Lord wants. I love my district and we all get along great.  We almost get a little to crazy sometimes.  So we decided to have a little "come to Jesus party" and work has turned around tremendously.  I promise you I am working my hardest at trying to keep my eye single to the glory of God. We had a talk in devotional on Tuesday where he said he has heard people say we are obsessed with Jesus Christ. And his answer to that was, yes, we are!!  Without him we are nothing.  Without him how can we ever return to live with each other again? I want all of the nieces and nephews to try and learn a lesson it took me nineteen years to learn.  Listen closely, because it is the key to keeping faith. Our Heavenly Father is very real.  He listens to you and He gets great joy when we do.  He weeps when we weep. He knows exactly what we need and why we need it, I had a really cool experience with Brother Barin and President Larkin. Brother Barin looked at me and asked how I felt about my new calling as District Leader. I told him I felt a little overwhelmed because I have the Zone Leaders in my district.  So in district things i am over them and then in zone matters they are over me. Brother Barin looked me in the eye and said "Elder Crapo I want you to know that as President and I thought about who should be the next District Leader, the Holy Ghost bore witness to us that it was supposed to be you. Your Heavenly Father knows what you are doing. I'm not sure why you're supposed to be the District Leader, we just knew that it was you." Heavenly Father knows that I am weak but as I strive to become a better person and follow Christ's example, like i teach everyday to the investigators we have here, I know that He understands that i am trying. I am here to tell you I'm very far from perfect.  At times i have regreted the example I set for my awesome nieces and nephews.  But I do know without a shadow of a doubt that this gospel is true and that we are all here to be of service. I do miss home at times and there are days Elder Jacobsen and I are at each others throats, but the Holy Ghost is with me and he comforts me. I guess right now my biggest fear is of not working hard enough and not being obiedent enough. I appreciate all the letters so much- you have no idea!!! They get me through my week so if you have time, keep sending and I will work my hardest to make sure you all hear from me. I want our whole family to gain blessings from this. It is scary to think of the boy that I was just two short weeks ago and think of who I am becoming. I just pray daily that I can become a man who our Heavenly Father will see on the other side of the vail and say.... "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased." If I can get that goal I am where i want to be.  So just as a reminder, I leave the MTC on next Monday.  I'll be in the airport calling anytime from 6 to 8:30am would be my guess.  I am only allowed to call immediate family and I won't have a ton of time. Thanks again for all the mail and the prayers. They help me so much and I know our Heavenly Father listens to them. He is watching over you all while I'm gone. Don't completly forget about me, but know that I am doing the Lords work and He is watching over me! But I am now 17 seconds over on my time so I must go, you will hear from me Monday!!!!
Love you,
Your Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment