Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013


Hey fam!!

  How is it going at home? Sounds like you guys are freezing! So are we.  It is like 29 degrees everyday when I wake up and we are going to play football today outside on the grass. hahaha Holy cow, I am glad I am not a missionary in Idaho! No offense - I mean I love Idaho to death and it will always be home, but I do like the Vegas winters. This week has been a pretty tough one, I'm not going to lie. It's not because I am home sick.  It's just a tough missionary week. Tuesday night elder Wanner and I were working and we went to all of our appointments and he started to say he didnt feel so hot. Then Wednesday morning it really started to hit him. So I told him that he should go and try to sleep it off so that we could go to work later that afternoon. Well, when he woke up he couldn't remember anything from that morning and he had a bloody nose. I won't lie, it was pretty scary.  We took him to the hospital and they checked him out and said all was well. Then on Thursday we took Elder Wanner to the doctor and they did some more tests and everything came up clear. So we came home and he went to bed. I had some other elders come and stay while we covered a few appointments, but basically when your comp is sick, you get to sit at home and study or chill.  The whole "no nap" thing has been pretty tough. haha But I am still holding strong. I figure I just gotta get past the 6 month mark at least, before I allow any slack right??  Then on Friday, we had interviews and Elder Wanner was still feeling sick.  When he got interviewed by President he passed out - and back to the hospital we went. He ended up staying in the hospital two nights in a row and I went with some other Elders so that we could do the baptisms and so that I could go to church. I have basically been with Sister Black all week because she is the one who handles all of the medical emergencies like that. They think that Elder Wanner just has an inner ear infection that makes him really dizzy and sick to his stomach.  The problem is, that it takes time to recover from all of that.  So who knows what my week this week is going to have in store. So if you get the sudden urge to write me a letter to read while I sit at home and stare at the white walls of our apartment -  feel free!!!:) haha But know that Elder Wanner is doing better and hopefully by tomorrow or the next day we can get back out to work!!

    As for the baptisms - they went well.  It was a bitter sweet moment because Elder Wanner wasn't able to make it and so I ended up baptizing and confirming both Sabrina and Corvin, her son. My ward mission leader, Brother Whiting, was the one who sent you the emails! But the baptism was pretty crazy! As I said, I have spent most of my week with the Blacks, so President and Sister Black decided that they wanted to come to the baptism, which I was actually glad they would want to do that. Also the Stake President showed up and about 30 other people.... except one small problem. The baptism was at 6 and at 5:55 Sabrina and Corvin weren't there yet. They ended up showing up at 6:15 and I was stressed to the MAX!! Holy cow, she about made me have a heart attack!!  I had two other elders there with me but they weren't my companion, so they really didn't know what was going on, so it was all on me.   And to top it all off, President was there... Just a stressfull time. Then the next day was their confirmations. So I stayed with my district leader and his companion another night and we went to church at nine for the Southern Highlands Ward. And guess who shows up?.... President Black. I love him to death, but I get so stressed when he comes around. I didn't have a real companion at the time because my companion was Brother Lancaster, our ward mission leader.  And there were 2 people who just randomly decided to show up, which was awesome!!  Another member had a friend who wanted to have dinner with us and learn about the church. I could go on, but I'm sure that I am just confusing you. Let's just say I have been very, very stressed this week.  It has been good and one of the most interesting parts of my mission so far!

   Also, last night after Sabrinas baptism, I went with my District Leader and taught another lesson to her neighbor, Mason the 12 year old girl.  (I think I may have talked about her).  Elder Stewart stayed at our house with Elder wanner.  We commited her to be baptized on the 26 of January!!  So the Lord is definitely blessing the area with it's trials that come. Our wards are doing so good right now and I thank Heavenly Father for that. All of your prayers are definitely helping as well! Busy is the best way to be! Now we just need to get out of the apartment so we can teach these people. But soon we will!!

   Now as for transfers - in my interview with President we had a very, very good talk. That man is definitely called of God and is led by the Spirit.  He talked to me and I am going to be getting transferred.  And Mom, to answer the training question -  I won't know until this Friday night. I won't know where I am going or what I am going to be called as. It really could go a lot of different ways.  I think I will probaly just go as either a junior companion again, or as a senior companion to another missionary who has been out for a while. I kind of doubt I will train again this transfer, but I really won't know until next week. When I email you on next Monday I will know who my new companion is and where I will be at. So I am way excited!! It is going to be very bitter sweet to leave this area because I LOVE the wards. They honestly feel like home to me now, which is what I wanted.  I wanted to love it right from the get go.  The mission has been hard, and I now know what my mom went through when I was sick.  It is tough, but I am learning patience and I think that his being sick is just as much for me as it is for Elder Wanner. But next Monday night will be the night that I leave and go to the new area with my new companion.  Where or what my calling will be at this time, I really don't know and won't know until Friday or Saturday night.

    Now as for anything I need right now- I am doing good. Just start sending mail and things to the mission office on about Wednesday. For the people who really don't write me much, just have them always send it to the mission office.  That way they never guess wrong.   I really should be good though. I am going to be sending you a package home here in the next week or so of my christmas stuff and a few things I got for you guys.  So I am pretty excited for that. But really, all is well for VEGAS!!! Just living the good old missionary dream.  Now as for Mataia and Jr Miss this next weekend... go out there and dominate!! That's going to be so awesome!  I am stoked to hear how it goes!! I am going to go write President now.  Keep me posted on the freezing weather.  I love you guys so much and I can't wait to hear from you! Pray for me not get too bored in the apartment alone doing nothing!   Just one day at a time right, Mindy??

I love you guys talk to you soon!!

Elder Crapo 


No comments:

Post a Comment