Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 23, 2012

November 12, 1012

Hey fam -  how is everyone!?

  Man, the mission life is taking some crazy turns this last week.  It has been a week of straight ups and downs for me. Frustration of training and not knowing exactly what to do in each and every situation is tough. But things are pretty sweet.  I am keeping busy and doing the Lords work:) Elder Wanner and I are doing much better but things are still a little rough but I can definitely feel your prayers and they are being answered each and every day. That is sweet that it is snowing at home and yes, it did snow a little bit here, which was sweet but it was just a few flurries.  Nothing like we get at home. I just really want a day of white when I wake up! But hey, what do you do right?
     As for a box of potatoes to give away that would be awesome!!! And Coy I am ticked everyone is coming so close to me and I can't see ya'll.  I didn't think our family ever came to Nevada and now that I am here it seems like a weekly occurrence!!!  It's all good.  That fishing trip is going to be sick! Hope you catch a lot and don't freeze. I am definatly getting acclimatized. It has been in the low 50's all week and you would think that I am frozen.  I don't even leave the house without my coat on. It is dang cold!!! I don't know how I will adjust coming back to the 0's in Idaho. As of now, Vegas is treating me well!
    We got to go to a sweet symphony last night with our investigators, Mark and Jerri Woolworth, over at the Smiths Center on the East side of the freeway- Elder Cunningham would refer to it as the "promised land". President Black was there and it was a really really neat experience and we got to know the Woolworths so much better.  She is super awesome and a wedding planner and loved being in the Smiths center to hear the symphony and the performance was awesome! They did a really good job and they talked about the pioneers and all the hard things that they had to go through when they settled here in the west. Jerri hadn't ever heard that story, so it was really good to have her there. The only thing that really stinks is she is going away on business for 10 days so we won't be able to meet with her for a while.
    As for everything else this week has been a tougher week than most, I guess you could say. I have been knocking doors all dang week with not much success, if any at all. But I am praying for better success this week. The Lord is just trying to make me tougher.:) I am enjoying it and Elder Wanner is a tough working kid, which helps.  I am not really sure how the heck I would do it if he wasn't at least willing to go out and do stuff. The apartment makes me crazy!!!  The twelve week program that the church has instituted for training is amazing and it does so much for us new missionaries and especially as trainers.  24 weeks of it is going to be good...:)  It is just a lot of time to study which is good for me and we keep ourselves busy which is good but It is getting long. Elder Wanner is a really good kid and he is learning very very quickly. He is a really good missionary.
   I am going to write president so hope you all have a good week! Keep me posted on if I can help you in anything.  Love you guys!

PS:   If you could send me another journal that would be awesome! I am almost through my first one  Have a good week love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment