Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 23, 2012

November 19, 2012

Hey fam!!!
  
     Well, sounds like the life in Idaho is going really well!! I am glad to hear that Coy isn't feeling all that well since he went and played without me... Just so you know I will be expecting a good trip to Lake Mead with you Cade, Wes, Brett, Jeff and Dad when I come home in a few years, so get it all planned out will you?! Haha you punks! No, just kidding. That stinks and I am sure that was pretty fun for you guys!! Things here are going well. Weather is awesome - mid 60s and lower 70s! This week was good for mail!  Everyone in the family is awesome! Sorry if I don't get to read everyone's email that you sent.  I don't have a ton of time! But what do you do right?!
   Well, I just as well get right into the week here in Vegas.  It was definitely a week of ups and downs. The work is super slow right now and all of our investigators are flaking on us or just too busy to meet with us. Mark and Jerri are on vacation in California, and then Sabrina is still not feeling well. We haven't heard from her much and we are going to try and see her tonight:/. But we did have some cool stuff happen! We went to see Corla toward the beginning of the week and that was pretty cool/crazy. She tried to drop us and tell us that she was moving. At first I was pretty bummed and I was just letting her say what she wanted and then the Elder Cunningham came out in me. Haha I felt really strongly that I shouldn't just let her drop us. So the Spirit really took over. I honestly don't even know what the heck happened and what I said I am really not sure. But she started into saying that she just felt overwhelmed and that she was looking for something.  She felt like she was just in a rut that she couldn't get out of. Well, the Spirit saw that as an opportunity and we just told her that this is what she was looking for and that she needed to really experiment on our words. She took it well and we began again with teaching her the next day:) We had an awesome lesson but I could definitely tell something was off.
  Well, she committed to come to church and then yesterday rolled around. We texted her and she said she wasn't going to be able to make it, which stunk.  But we told her to come late and just hit the classes but she never replied... Well, last night at 10 we got a text from her that said she had tried to commit suicide and that she wasn't doing well.  She is now in the hospital on the other side of the I -15 so we can't even go see her, which really isn't good. But we are going to call the missionaries over there and see if they will go and see her.
     Honestly, things this week as far as work goes was really slow which wasn't too fun.  I guess, what do you do! We are having a struggle with finding people to teach and we really want to get some new investigators, as well as we need some people to come to church. I feel bad because I want to do a good job.  Obviously, things just seem to keep falling through.  Hopefully this week will turn around!!  The Lord teaches us in pretty crazy ways I know that.  He has been teaching me a lot about myself through the trials that I have and with not having too large of a teaching pool. We did find a new investigator last night, though so that was really good!!:)  Already the week is on the up!
    We had our mission tour with Elder Larry Echo Hawk and he was super good! He told us about his conversion story and he did an awesome job. Super smart guy and definitely a servant of the Lord! We also got to hear from President and Sister Black, which is always a treat. We also heartd from Sister Echo Hawk. The whole day was full of spiritual enlightenment!
  Well, the best part of the week was that Jimmy, the guy that Elder Cunningham and I found while teaching the Critchlows, got baptized!! And I had the opportunity to do it for him:) It was really cool. I just kind of felt bad because I had planned on not getting in the water my whole mission because I would much rather have someone from their ward baptize them. But when I tried to tell Jimmy and Elder Wrathal that, they said that he really wanted me to do it. So I did it because I decided that since I am worthy and it is what the Lord has commissioned me to do, I can't not baptize him out of selfish matters. So It was good to get to do that and we got to go with Kevin and Jen to the baptism, so that was really cool. They are doing awesome! I love those guys. I told them they will have to come visit us in Idaho someday!
  Oh and before I forget - next week we have Temple day!!!:) Boy, am I stoked about that!  I really can't wait!  I won't email until next Wednesday, so no worries when you don't get an email on Monday.  I got the potatoes and all the packages and letters from everyone this week! Thank you so dang much! You guys are awesome. That really makes my weeks go by so much better to know that at least I'm not completely forgotten at home and deep down you all miss me:) Oh, and Mandi, just so you know, you're the only one who has sent California pics! Thanks for those- they were awesome! And Jensens - your package was awesome. Thank you so much.  Coy and Emilee, thanks for the emails.  Jeff and Hali, thanks for all the letters. You guys are awesome! Everyone- thank you! I definitely have the best family! Oh and Grandma and Grandpa- thanks for the cookies and the popcorn balls. They are all gone:) I know one thing- you all won't recognize me when I gain 50 lbs. I
I'll come home and make you all go run with me so I can lose enough weight to find a wife!
    I got a sweet new CD from our ward mission leader. He is a guy named Arty. He is the brother in law of Brother Lancaster. He is in a band and he sings hymns as well as country stuff.  He is super good.  We have his hymns CD and he is awesome at that!
   Oh, and Thanksgiving is going to be awesome! We are going to Bishop Crowders and then to the Mitchells. Our favorite places! That is probably where we will be for Christmas, too:) But I can let you know more about that when it comes!!! Oh and not to make ya'll trunky for Regg to come home but, when he does punch him and tell him to write me. I wrote him to no reply, that punk. But, anyway, on Thanksgiving we are going to be having our Turkey Bowl where the whole mission gets together and plays. It's going to be sick!!! That is why we have been practicing for like two months. Last week I went and got some sick 17 dollar cleats at Ross!!  We are going to dominate and I will send you some pics! I love you all and hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome thanksgiving!! I am so Thankful for all of you and all you do in my life and for everything you have done. You won't ever know the impact it has had on me while out here in the mission field. I have so much I could tell you and just not enough time!:( Just know I am doing well and having fun serving the Lord!!! He will take care of me, so no worries:) I am also very thankful for my nieces and nephews. It's so good to see you guys in pics and see how much you have grown. You are going to be leaders to all your friends, so have fun and live the gospel!! Be an example to those around you because you never know who is going to be looking! I am so Grateful for my Savior and his Atonement because without it I know I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't ever be able to preach his gospel. And I am definitely very thankful for my Family:)
   I will talk to you all next Wednesday! Have a good Thanksgiving and eat enough for me too!!!! I love you guys!!!

Love,
Elder Crapo

The Church is true, and the book is Blue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment