Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

Letter to the Rodericks 10/5/12

Dear Family,

How is everyone?  Sounds like you are super busy and as for missionary work in the Southern Highlands- it's good, too!  My wards are awesome and people here are great.  I do miss beautiful Idaho and the great people there, but Vegas is pretty good, too.  The heat still tries to linger around and give us issues. When I am on a bike at 98 degrees, it does stink!  But you find ways to have fun with it.  We are finally beginning to have member trust.  Now we just really need people to teach.  But as I become better as a missionary and we talk to everyone, it will come. 

I am not sure why, but today has been a sick day!  I am loving it.  I love the work.  I love the trials and I love how much the Lord is here for me.  My life is changing dramatically.  I have a testimony I didn't think I would ever have and yes, there are dang hard days.  But the Lord blesses us as we work hard and are diligent.  I hope mom made ya'll a copy of that Book of Mormon marking deal.  If she didn't, ask her about it and please do it.  I know it will strengthen your family.

I love you all so much.  Send me some sweet action pics of my stud nephews and my awesome nieces!  Also, tell Yi-Lin hello from Elder Crapo.  I guess I hope the whole family reads this because I want you all to know that I know that this church is true.  Without it we would have no hope in life.  I know that Joseph Smith did see God, the Father and Jesus Christ and through him the gospel was restored to the earth today.  I would challenge each of you to get on your knees and ask our Heavenly Father if it is true.  And if you do that he will answer your prayers - I promise.  And I know that us as missionaries, we are called of God.  I get the opportunity to say one of the most profound things anyone can say, "I am a representative of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ."  How cool is that?!  I represent Jesus Christ himself.  He sent Elder Cunningham and I here to teach the people in the southern Highlands.  But guess what?!  You also represent Him.  Do you remember what the sacrament prayer says? "To take upon them the name of they Son."  We all represent Him because we are members of His church!  So always remember that.  Even when you're playing sports and that kid makes you mad, remember that you represent Jesus Christ and do what He would do. :)  Thank heaven for the atonement, though because I never did that perfect!  But have a good week!  I love you guys so much!

Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment