Total Pageviews

Monday, October 15, 2012

10/15/12

Hey Fam!
    How is the cold weather treating you in Idaho?!:) All I can say is that the weather is finally nice here! 75 to 85 degrees during the day and then high 60's at night. It is awesome!! I am actually beginning to fall in love with this place.  It is a little weird. The people here are way too good to us. So as you all are wondering if transfers are coming - the answer is yes.  In two weeks. So I will have a new companion, but it does sound like I should be in the same area, which is great! But if I were to predict it, I will be here one more transfer- possibly two, depending on my next companion and what President Black wants with me. But he knows what needs to happen, so no need to try and out guess the Lord! This week has been packed full of experiences! I wish I had time enough to tell you about all of them. You're only going to get a few because of time constraints and all that, but it really has been a good week!
    First thing that happened was Elder Cunningham hit his two year mark last Saturday! On Monday we met up with one of the families we've been teaching and we burned his suit!!!!! It was so cool and the kids loved it!  It is so good to see them progress and the kids really, really want to get baptized. We are just waiting for the Dad to give the OK. They are going to be asking him if they can sometime this week and we have been praying and fasting like crazy.  So I know that one way or the other, the Lord will pull through. The kids are awesome!  Elder Cunningham and I had to give them all a tie because they wanted one.  So it has been a good week for them. It is crazy how people here start becoming family after a while.
   As for Sabrina she is doing awesome! She has been having some struggles, so we are going to move her baptismal date back to November 27, but we know it is going to happen that day! She is really excited and can't wait.  She just really isn't feeling very good. So we are going to get her over the sickness and then she will be prepared to enter into Baptism:) Her mom is being baptized tonight, so we are going to end P-day a little early.  President Foote, our awesome Elders Quorom President is going to drive us to Redrock so that we can be there for that.  I have to give the prayer which will be good!  We have a very busy day, so not too many hand written letters will be coming this week. Sorry!
    The other night we were getting ready for bed and I heard the phone ring.  Not really wanting to get it, I pulled myself up and went to answer it. Well, I missed the call and it was from a lady, Corla who we had met in the grocery store several weeks ago.  We haven't been able to get a hold of her for a long time! She has been taught by missionaries in the past and told us we could come by, but she just disappeared.  Now she was calling us at 10:20 at night?! I really didn't want to call back, so I laid the phone down... Then the impression came, "you need to call her back." I was like, "oh, no. I don't have time.  Bed time is 10:30 I'll call her tomorrow."  Then it came again.  I thought, "well I'll let Elder Cunningham do it."  I couldn't get him to wake up, which was weird because I was yelling his name and hitting him. haha. So finally I couldn't go any longer and I got on the phone. Turns out she really, really needed to talk to us.  We were able to go by there yesterday and give her a blessing. We also have another appointment to go back on Wednesday and meet with her, so that will be great! I was able to talk to her on the phone for about 20 minutes and help her out a little, and get her calmed down to where hopefully, she went to sleep.  I guess Mindy's experience of following the promptings of the Spirit are helping more than just her:)
    We also had Stake Conference yesterday.  Man, was it good! They had a ton of speakers, but we were able to listen to our wonderful, inspired mission president and his wife. They did awesome and the whole conference was just sweet. Also our kind of recent convert, Brother Ford spoke and he totally DOMINATED!!! He is so smart and he does an awesome job speaking and teaching. I will have to get a pic with him and send it to you all.
   We also were able to get in contact with another recent convert, named Jason.  While we were visiting, I noticed a picture hanging on his wall and calmly I looked at him and I was like, "Jason, do you race mortorcyles? He was like, "yeah, I used to race in the AMA."  I was so pumped and he is a total STUD! We talked the rest of the time about bikes and his racing days and people he knew and wanted to introduce me to and stuff.  It was so cool. He raced with Jeremy McGrath and Carey Hart is one of his best friends. For those who don't know, Cary Hart was the first man to ever land a back flip in competition.  Yeah, Jason and I are going to be real close- I can already tell! haha
    One last story real quick.  We went on exchanges this last week and I was in another area.  I was able to meet a guy named Trey. Trey has had a dang rough life.  About two weeks ago, he had been praying that the Lord would give him some answers to what church was true.  Well, Elder Wilcock and Elder Stewart just happened to be going to try and see a less active member across the street from his house.  Trey was walking to a friends house. Of course, the Elders saw him and went and tried to talk to him and sure enough- the Lord answered his prayers! But get this- Trey is a 6 foot 8 inch basketball playing fool! He played for Michigan State and was better than Jason Richardson until he was in a tragic accident that ended his ball career. He was able to recover and play for a year or two over in the Philippines, but his injuries were just too bad to play ball every day. But he is a stud, and he loved me!  We ended up talking basketball and he is getting me floor tickets to the Lakers game in two years because I told him that I had seen Lebron James play, but only on TV.  He was like, "bro you haven't seen Lebron James play till you have seen him COURT SIDE!" haha It was awesome and he wants me to come back and go to a game with him.  So I wasn't going to argue that! Hahah we will see if he even remembers me in two years.  But he is way cool and I have pictures of him and me together that I will send within the next couple of weeks!
    Things here really are going well.  I am doing good and I know this is where I need to be.  I love hearing from you all and hearing how much good stuff is happening to the family! Thanks for all of the letters and gifts and treats and everything. It is so helpful to hear from everyone.  I love you all so much and hope you have an awesome week dominating at sports and whatever else you're doing! Keep digging hard and don't have to much fun in the tractor without me! Oh, and Coy, I want your email address so i can email you and give you crap while you sit in the tractor:) I love you all!  Have a great week!!!

P.S. Thanks so much for the pics!  Mindy your story helped a lot. I actually ate with John last night and things are going well. I will call his mom sometime this week!

Love,
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment