Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sept. 10, 2012

Dear Fam,

How the heck is the world in Idaho!! Things here in Vegas are going well and still staying rather HOT.  Everyday is pretty much over 100.  But all is well. I am trying to think of what all has happened in the last week! Days are beginning to mesh together and weeks are becoming days. It seems that I am sitting in church one day and then it is a week later and I am doing it again. Every Sunday is one big headache. I just as well fast every week because we have church from 9 to 1. It is hard because I get so so so much out of the first 3 hours and then the last three I am just concentrating on  staying awake. And I took kind of a hard goal on myself to not take a nap till like, oh July 2014.  So church is a killer! But I figure the Lord has called me to labor here, not to nap here.  So I take it as serious as possible. Sounds like Stake Conference went awesome! That is so good I would love a copy of your talks, Dad.  I would print them here, but one print is like 50 cents.  Would it be cheaper to have you send them to me in the mail? Let me know which is better. And mom....quit worrying about me.  (I have to give you some Crap:) yeah there is some crime that has been going on in the area which is not stuff that would happen in Saint Anthony, but not any gun shots yet! Elder Cunningham and I are doing good.  We are having fun and working hard.  I think the hardest part about what we do here is forgetting home. I'm not really homesick or anything like that, but just forgetting it and losing yourself in the work is tough! This is just one big mental battle, which is good.  I think that is how the Lord works us into men to be honest. I won't lie- I left home a little boy scared and not knowing what to do. And now that I am beginning to get into the swing of things and I understand more, it becomes more fun. I talk to people and I'm not afraid to tell them how I feel... well, most of the time.

 I want to share a proud moment I had at the door step of this big black dude that we tracted into. We were going door to door and it was my turn. I knock and this big black guy comes out. He was quite nice and actually talked to us, but he told us he had read from the Book of Mormon before and that he wasn't interested. Elder Cunningham was talking to him and I really can't remember all that was said, but the guy was saying he agreed with some of it, but not all. The impression to stop the conversation and open my mouth came to mind. So I did.  I just kind of changed paths of where the conversation was going and I said, "Sir the cool thing about the message we come out here to share, is it is either true or it isn't.  Joseph Smith either saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ, or he didn't. And the best part is I don't want you to take my word for it.  Read from the book again and sincerely ask our Father in Heaven if it is true and he will answer you." Well, he kind of stopped and that was that. No more arguing.  Now unfortunately he didn't invite us back, but hey we did get to talk to him!


     Now for the SWEET part of the email. We have these two less active members that we are working with. Jen and Kevin. They have been living together for 3 years and they have been less active for years. Jen has 3 unbaptized children who we are working on baptizing. But the sweet part of this whole deal is that Kevin and her one night where reading from the Book of Mormon. The spirit prompted him and her that they needed to do it all right. The next day Kevin moved out and then a few days later, here we come knocking on the door. Now, no we really didn't do much but come over, but the Lord had prepared them! So now we get to meet with them once a week.  Last Thursday we went over and they invited a few of their non member friends over. It started out just as a casual hang out for them. And we began eating dinner talking about good old Idaho and where I had come from. And then all of a sudden the mood changed and we were telling them about our message and how we were representatives of Jesus Christ. Before we knew it they were all feeling the Spirit and were just totally zoned in on what we had to say. Kevin and Jen also helped us teach them and we gave them all a Book of Mormon. Tyler, one of the non-members that we gave a Book of Mormon to was stoked and wanted to attend the singles ward this week, which is out of our area. We can't teach them anymore because he lives in Henderson. But get this, on Thursday, Tyler I guess posted on Facebook that he felt like a changed man and he told his girlfriend and Kevin before he left the house the other night that he was going to read the whole Book of Mormon!!! They are going to be meeting with the missionaries in Henderson and I guess that Tyler has read the Book of Mormon everyday since then!! We also have another appointment set up for Wednesday which will be awesome!
So if that tells you anything about how my week has been going- it has been going awesome!

Sabrina is doing great and we had dinner with her and Jimmy the other night. I talked to Jimmy about how I can become a Pro Golfer and whoop my brothers' heads when I get home... So watch Out Coy, Wes, Jeff:) haha But he also committed to listen to the lessons and learn more. But he just doesn't want to answer questions or anything yet.... hahahaha.  But we are stoked about them and are having a great time!

Mom, thank you so much for the package. The fruit leather is amazing and the Jam is so awesome! I eat a ton of PB&J.  Pretty much everyday and cereal is now my best friend. But it is good! Then we get fed every night by a member:) Boy, were my prayers answered. I love it! I will have Elder Cunningham one more transfer and always send your emails here.  Transfers are on the 18th so that will be good. Elder Cunningham and I do not want to be split up.  I really like him and we are getting a ton done and I finally feel a little bit comfortable. But I think that that is what the mission is all about... being uncomfortable!  I love you all and hope that all is well! Keep me updated on the grand kids and good job to everyone. Sounds like everyone is dominating except for South Fremont!  That's ok, though.  I bleed red with a splash of blue here and there for my boy Wyatt and Peytan! Keep it up!

I just want you all to know that I love this church and I love the Gospel and the principles it teaches. I wouldn't change this last two months for anything. I know that what I am doing is right and that my Father in Heaven is with me everyday. I wish you could all experience this with me everyday, This morning I was thinking about our community and how many young men are out serving the Lord just from Saint Anthony and there are so many!! It is way cool to think of everyone and how much we can influence the world. I love you all so much and I wish I could write all day! But I have to write President Black and tell him all my stories. So until Next week! Love you all!
Love
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment