Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Letter from September 4

Dear Fam,

Well, this is just my luck!! I had a full letter wrote to you and then it deleted the whole Dang thing!! So to answer all your questions, we email from the local public library which is good because then we can have a good amount of time and we both can be on the computer at the same time. Also sorry about the mix up with P-Day.  Next week will be back to normal on Monday which is going to make this week fly by!  Plus we have a baptism on Saturday with a 12 year old girl named Charolette she is really cool and had some definite hardships in her life.

As for things here in Vegas they are going great.  We are keeping busy trying to have fun as we go along! Our car miles are gone so the bike is now our new best friend but we only have to wait until Saturday to get new ones. It is still dang hot here, though. Yesterday the high I saw was 104 and I am sure that today is around the same. I quit looking.  It is just too depressing.  We have had some slow and some fast days. I definately like the fast days much better because it seems like you wake up and the next thing you know you're saying prayers for the night. I do find some days kind of tough, but it is just a mental battle. It seems like there are moments everyday that Satan tries to work on you, ecspecially here in Vegas. But thank heaven you can pray all the time! Last week we had our first sit down and actually teach lesson with Sabrina and it was awesome!! The Spirit was so strong and she agreed with everything! And when I asked her if she would be baptized I almost died when she said Yes! She said it so quickly and with such assurance it was crazy! And she came to church and her kids went to primary! Church gets long for me, though  By the time 3 rolls around I am ready to get out of there. But I then realize I still have another hour!!  But I know that the Lord is blessing me daily.

We got to go to the Temple today and that was a really good refresher. I definitely needed it. I love the spirit there and how good I feel when I leave. It is cool to see all the missionaries there and be all together.

Last saturday Elder Cunningham and one of his old companians got permission to go and see a baptism up in Mesquite. I thought that I would be taken to Elder Gotts companion and I would just follow him around all day.  But as Saturday came about I realized that Elder Gotts companion had only been out a week! So I was Senior Companion for the day and I finally got to drive the Car!! First time in like a month! It was fun and I learned so much. We were able to see a lot of families and do a lot of work.  We had a good day and I enjoyed being able to teach and have to oppurtunity to make myself step up and be bold in talking to people.

As for my adopted grandparents their names are the Finaus and honestly I really don't know their first names.  It's just "brother" and "sister" to me but they are taking really good care of us and making sure that we are watched out for. Our focus right now is getting refferrals from the area because we are really busy and its good to go and see members as well as get to know them. We have one ward- the Somerset ward. It is crazy busy and then the Southern Highlands ward.... it's a rich ward that has 0 investigators. That is never good to show the bishop and our zone leaders don't like showing the Stake President that either.  So we are working hard to get a few new investigators there. We do have some part member families that we are working with from that ward but nothing really solid.
I was able to buy an SD card and so i will send it home so you guys have some pictures of my area and Coy and Wes can be jealous of the Golf course i live on. But unfortunately I am not able to golf on! Thanks for all that you have been doing and the letters definitely help. I love getting mail. It is seriously the best part of my day! And I'm not sure what you can send me mom.....just some good food. We are kind of low on that right now. Like chili, chips, salsa? That would be awesome. The fruit snacks were the bomb and Sabrina's little boy loved them. They kept him entertained during class.

We have had some awesome lessons over the last week, but one thing I wanted to share was about goals. There was a talk given in sacrament about goals and how important they were. I have thought long about this and I really love this Acronymn.
S pecific
M easurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely
That is one way to help us set goals that are going to help us in our lives. You learn so much on your mission that is going to apply to everyday life it is crazy!! I love it and enjoy doing things that kind of put me on the edge.

And my companians parents are in Rexburg now they are living in Burton his parents are Sheri and Tyron Cunningham. So look them up on Facebook.  I love you guys and hope all is well I will talk to you on Monday!!!
Love
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment