Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 13, 2014

September 30, 2013; Zone changes, Breaking glass bottles, Virgin Valley High Homecoming

Hey fam!!

Dad, I agree.  Where do the weeks go?? Things in Mesquite are going really well. I am loving the area more than ever right now and my new companion is awesome. His name is Elder Seljestad and he is from Manhattan, Kansas. He is a really good guy and we are getting along great! This week we have done a ton and really been meeting a ton of the people. I finally feel like I know almost everyone in the ward and most of the less actives in the ward. Now we just need to pick up the pace a little and start meeting with a ton of them.

Our zone has had a really good change up and the new members of the zone seem to be doing awesome! It was a much needed change because I was hated by some of the last zone members. I am so grateful for Bill because it was tough to have to be the bad guy all the time, but it has really worked out for the best. I am honestly falling in love with the area and the people here. I know I say I feel like I am at home in all of my areas I have served in, but this is one place I really love. The weather has finally made a turn for the better and we are enjoying mid 80's most of the time and 60's at night. So when I get up in the mornings and go for a run it is the best feeling ever.

I did get a letter this week from President Chandler that was inspired by Heavenly Father for sure. I have been trying to decide what I can do as a leader to be better and to help the missionaries in my zone more.  Just as I was praying for ideas the answer came through the talk that he sent me. I will have to read it to you someday, but he talked about enthusiasm and I need to just be more excited about what I am doing. Sometimes I just get into the work and for me, I find satisfaction in just working my butt off and doing my job.  I am slowly coming to understand that sometimes it isn't all about me... Can you believe that?? haha I am finding that sometimes you have to take time out of your day to just love the missionaries you serve around and really make them feel your love for them. I honestly am enjoying every day here and the people are so awesome.

We have also been spending a ton of time with Bill going out and meeting all of his non member friends that he knows in the ward. He knows more than half of the town. So we have been going out and just meeting everyone that he knows and spending time with them. He also has been coming to lessons and just being awesome. I love him so much he really has become more like family than anyone else on the mission.

Also last week after I emailed you we were getting ready for transfers and we found out that one of our companionships had driven way way over their mileage that they get for the month. So I was frustrated as heck.  When we went back to Bill's house we were talking and I remember that he said when his wife used to make him mad he would go down to the river and break glass bottles. So I went into Bill and I was like hey lets go break some glass bottles!! So we went outside and spent like an hour breaking old glass bottles... I haven't ever felt so good so fast hahaha. It has become my new stress reliever and it works awesome. So when the rookie drivers start giving you troubles, Coy, just go get some old coke bottles and just smash the heck out of them with rocks:) I promise it will make you feel better.

This week was also homecoming for Virgin Valley high school!!! Go Bulldogs! It was pretty cool that the people really got stoked for the big game just like everyone used to back at home. And we even got to walk in the parade with this big banner that Bill made for us. It was really cool and a good way to be out in the community with the people.

We even had the chance to take some of our recent converts to a family history class and I was super impressed. The things you can do on family tree are unreal! It was really neat to see all the things that you can do and the different ways that you can find your ancestors.

But things here are just plugging along.  I am super excited for the the upcoming General Conference. It really has become my favorite time of the year! I hope and pray that everyone stays safe this upcoming week and that the weather stays good so that we can get all of the spuds dug!!
I love you guys and I will talk to you soon!!! Thanks again for all that you do!

Love,
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment