Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 13, 2014

October 14, 2013; Primary Program, District Meeting in Panaca, Mom's birthday

Hey fam!!

Dang, it seems like time is really beginning to fly here and I am sure it is the same at home. Things here are really starting to look up as for the work and that makes me super happy. It seems like I have kind of hit a little bit of a dry spell in my mission with investigators and things. But this upcoming week on Wednesday we have a baptism.

We have had kind of an interesting week so far, though.  This past week we got an interesting phone call from our investigator, Sam. She had finally told her mom that she was going to be baptized and her mom was not very happy. She even tried to anti her by telling her all of these things and saying that we believe we could become God's. Which I guess isn't completely a false statement, but at her level of understanding that was kind of a weird thing to hear.  Luckily her friend in the ward, Brother Memmott was able to help answer her questions even before we could get to her house to help explain. She is super solid and is scheduled to be baptized on October 26!!! It was really neat because yesterday in our gospel principles class she even bore her testimony of how she had come to know that these things are true and she comes every week, which is awesome. We do have a couple of big commandments left to teach her, like Word of Wisdom and Law of Tithing. which I think she is going to have a struggle with, but I know that she will be able to over come those struggles. God doesn't give us commandments that we can't keep. Sometimes they are tough to keep, but he won't ever give us ones we can't.

On another note, yesterday was a really neat sacrament meeting.  We had a primary program and all of the little kids had their part and it was really neat. But there is a young boy in our ward who is 8 years old and has been battling a rare form of cancer for 4 years. He only has a 15% chance of living. He looks so frail and so tired and could barely walk to the pulpit to say his part. But he stood up and told of how Jesus Christ had gone through all of the pain and struggles with him and his family the past four years. I tell you what the whole chapel was just in tears.  It was so heart wrenching to see him up there struggling to survive. I know, though that the Atonement will carry him through, no matter what happens. I am so grateful for that because without it that situation would be much harder to look at.

On some other notes, we are finding new investigators as well. We have had two people call and give us referrals of their friends this week. They had the appointment set up, they just called and invited us to come and teach the lessons! I love when that happens!! Finding in Mesquite Nevada is sometimes a little tough especially when you only have one real ward and then a singles Branch. I feel for the missionaries in our stake they have a tough job! haha

As for life here in the mission field, though and things that are going on with me - Dad, you asked about a transfer. I sure as HECK hope not! haha I don't have any idea of course because it is all up to the Lord and President Ahlander, but I think I will be here until January... I hope... I honestly don't even want to think about it I love this place way to much. My companion is awesome! He is a super good guy from Manhattan, Kansas. He is a little older - he is 23 years old, but he and I get along really well. Just a super down to earth guy and his dad is an engineer for CAT Tractors and stuff. He is super smart with the gospel and knows a ton, so I feel like I am learning a lot from him. I am really loving the area right now and I finally just feel like I am at home in my mission. I know the people in the ward, we are getting referrals, things are just really good. The Lord has definitely blessed me so much right now. I can see His hand in all of this and I am just so grateful for the opportunity to be here. Don't get me wrong, there are still struggles and things aren't perfect, but it is good:) haha

Also tomorrow us and the Assistants are headed up to Panaca for district meeting!! So we get to drive through my favorite place Enterprise, Utah.  It is just a small farming town a lot like St. Anthony.  So I love seeing all the crops and things. Hopefully they will be digging potatoes when we go through so I can see a few diggers!

But I better get going. We have a lot to do today, I hope that everyone is safe and that you're enjoying the spuds! Only one more week:) haha I act sometimes like I am glad I am not there putting in long hours... but deep down I kinda miss it. There sure are a lot of really good memories of digging spuds!!

Mom I hope you had an awesome birthday!! You're the best! Hopefully you got the letter I sent you. If not, it should be there sometime today. I am so grateful for you and all the things you have done for me. I hope that you got to do something special for that day! Thanks so much for everything, I love you so much.

Remember to keep studying the scriptures everyday and to pray always. I see now more than ever how important the simple things really are, those are the things that are going to keep us spiritually safe in these trying times. I love you all so much and thanks for all of the support and your prayers. I know that I wouldn't be here were it not for the prayers of all of you. Have a good week and I will talk to you soon!!

Love
Elder Crapo

PS Give Hayes a hug from his uncle Brax!!

No comments:

Post a Comment