Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 9, 2013 Going on Splits, training, Caliente and Panaca

Dear fam!

   Dang sounds like it has been kind of a crazy week at home. I am glad that Taia is ok and that it is only an ACL tear. I love you, Taia keep your head up!  Keep being good the Lord will take care of you if you'll just keep doing what is right. I know it will all work out.

  As for things here in good old Mesquite, things are pretty crazy here as well. This past week we had to go into Vegas to MLC and we got to talk about the mission and how things are going. Then the next day we got up and we did our weekly planning and started our two hour drive to Panaca Nevada!!! We got to go on exchanges and I went with the Elders that cover Caliante and Panaca. And Elder Kredt went with the Elders in Alamo. It was really cool and fun time.  But I wont lie, I was ready to get back to Mesquite and be here in my own bed haha. This whole sleeping on couches or on the floor isn't always the most comfy. It makes me super tired to haha but it keeps things interesting!!




  While we were on exchanges though we had a really neat experience. We were planning on meeting a member of their Bishopric and when we got there his daughter had a non member friend who they invited to stay and take the lesson that we were going to teach. It was really cool.  He stayed and we were able to share the first lesson with him. It was good to get back into teaching because lately it seems like we are either doing things for the zone, going on exchanges or going to meetings in Vegas. I actually really enjoy all of that stuff, it just felt good to be back in the seat of just teaching and helping this guy out. He seemed really solid and he had a lot of questions.

  Also while we were in Caliante, we met this guy that a member took us to and we were just talking to him on his doorstep.  He was talking to all of us and I was just looking at him trying to get a reading for who the guy was.  He was talking about all of the crazy things that are going on in the world and how we as young men need to be self reliant. And like mid sentence he stopped and looked at me and he, "goes your a guy who studies a lot.  I can really tell... whats on your mind??" And I was able to talk to him about King Benjamin and his sermon and how right after when his son Mosiah takes over the Kingdom he talks about how he wanted his people to be self reliant as well. And that he talks about how he labored with his people because he didn't want to be a burden to them. It was a really neat experience just because the things that I have been studying really came in handy haha!! And it gave me a pretty good laugh too, because all of you know how much I studied back at home...... NONE!!! haha The mission really does work miracles!!!!

   Now as for my area, things are still kind of the same since we haven't had too much time to work in it.  But one thing I am finding is I am really falling in love with this place. I like it here so much and I think that is mostly because of Bill, the guy that we live with. He and I have really hit it off.  It is so cool.  He is like my best friend. I honestly am not sure that I want to ever leave his house. I would love living here for the next like 7 months haha. He is so awesome and one of the best things is we are the same size of pants and so he was going to give a bunch of these basically brand new church pants to the DI.  But instead he gave them to me! haha He loves it because now he says he knows he can give stuff to me and I can use it. You should add Bill on Facebook his name is Bill Lee and I am sure he would love to keep you posted on how life is here.  He will definitely want to meet you guys at some point. He has been housing missionaries for like 30 years, so he has some experience with us haha He is just the best guy ever!!

  But I am going to get going. I am doing really good. I hope that you're all enjoying school and that everything is going OK. I love you so much, Taia!  Just keep doing what you're doing and everything is going to work out for the best! I am super proud of you and all that you have done!

  I love you all and I will talk to you next week!!

Love,
Elder Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment